How Can I Help?
It's great to hear that you are interested in helping us! We really appreciate that you care that much about these projects and community. Here are some ways you might be able to contribute.
- Watch the Forums. Help other users. Give good advice. It's satisfying to be a mentor, plus those new mad scientists will really appreciate your efforts.
- Submit patches for features or bug fixes that you find. Our core team of mad scientists wish we were perfect... but we're not. Sometimes we could use a helping hand. You might want to post something to the forums before diving in, though, to make sure that bug isn't already being fixed by someone else, or that feature isn't already being implemented.
- Write articles for us to include! Particularly if we notice you handing out great advice on the forums, we'd love for you to share your knowledge with others.
- Spread the word! Twitter, Facebook, Newsgroups, word of mouth... whatever! Get the word out there!
We're paying for this site, because we wanted a better experience for everyone than we could pull together for free. Help support this project and/or the time we put into these tools.
- You can buy Mark's book... equal parts wackiness and helpfulness. If you like this site, you can purchase the book as a pdf or real paper at Lulu
- Get Atomic Embedded (a division of Atomic Object) to work with you. They're excellent teachers of these tools and methods, as well as great partners on your next project. Plus, they're sponsoring these projects. How great is that?
- Maybe someday we'll just set up an option for you to donate to these projects... but not yet.